Meet Dr. Tao
Dr. Wendy Tao, a licensed Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine, completed her medical training at the Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine (BINM). She also has a Bachelor of Science from the University of Alberta.
Dr. Tao has authored several articles on natural health topics, and has co-authored a cookbook titled “Authentic Chinese Smart Carb Cookbook. She has also presented at various conferences and continuing education seminars for pharmacists. She is fluent in English, Cantonese, and Mandarin.
- Dr. Tao treats all types of health conditions with particular focus on:
Metabolic disorders such as diabetes, high cholesterol, hypertension
- Women’s health including menstrual irregularities, endometriosis, fibroids, yeast infections, breast health, PMS, PCOS, dysmenorrhea
- Peri-Menopause & Menopause including hot flashes, night sweats, vaginal dryness, mood imbalances, fatigue, bone health, poor memory, and low libido
- Thyroid conditions such as hypothyroid, hyperthyroid, Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, subclinical hypothyroid
- Adrenal insufficiency/fatigue
- Skin conditions, including rosacea, eczema, acute or chronic hives, acne
- Childhood conditions including autism, ADHD, asthma
- Digestive disorders includes indigestion, acid reflux, IBS, gas, chronic bloating, colitis, diarrhea, and constipation
- Chemical and food sensitivities
- Musculoskeletal problems, including arthritis, injuries, aches and pains
- Sleep disorders
- Weight loss and management
Naturopathic treatments used by Dr. Tao may include nutritional and lifestyle counseling, herbal medicine, homeopathy, Traditional Chinese Medicine/acupuncture, intravenous (IV) therapy, therapeutic bodywork, and supplements.
She is in good standing with the College of Naturopathic Physicians of British Columbia (CNPBC). She is also a member of the Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors (CAND) and the British Columbia Naturopathic Association (BCNA).
Dr. Tao is board certified in acupuncture, chelation, intravenous (IV) therapy, and has Pharmaceutical Prescribing rights in the province of British Columbia.